In 2019 the Library moved the domain of the Ezproxy server from langara.bc.ca to langara.ca. Since then a redirection has been put in place to automatically redirect Ezproxy links from the old domain to the new domain. The redirection will stop after the end of August 2020.
We need you help to ensure that the links in your saved bookmarks and Brightspace pages are in the correct format. If you have not done so, please update the links as follows.
You need to delete ‘bc.’ in the Ezproxy link (including the period)
The Ezproxy links allow students and staff to continue to access full-text and streaming in library databases and streaming platforms when they are accessing from off-campus.
If you have any questions, please contact Philip Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Julie Cole (email@example.com).
If you are including a research component to your online courses for Summer 2020, the library is still here to help! We have many different options for online library instruction and we encourage you to reach out to your liaison librarian to discuss what would be best for your students.
Some options for online library classes may include:
- Synchronous session with the librarian who can share their screen and walk students through the research process.
- Asynchronous screen captures that walk through the research process that students can watch on their own time.
- Embed your Library Assignment Guide directly into your Brightspace Course. Instructions on this can be found here:
- Custom built learning objects that you can embed into your Brightspace Course (this will take more lead time)
- Using the existing online tutorials through Brightspace. More information on that can be found here:
Please stay tuned as well for new library learning objects about citation and other research skills.
Full information about Information Literacy Instruction at Langara College can be found here:
Did you know that the Langara Library’s vast collection of online resources is available to Langara employees? Keep up to date on the news, engage in professional development, or just relax with an e-book or feature film, all from the comfort of home. All online resources are available off-campus once you log in with your Langara ID and password.