The Teaching and Curriculum Development Centre (TCDC) supports growth in teaching practices and excellence in the design, development, refinement, and renewal of curriculum at Langara.
TCDC encourages innovation and excellence in curriculum development and program design and supports faculty in maintaining and improving Langara’s high standards of teaching and learning.
TCDC provides learning and teaching resources, webinars, workshops, and networking opportunities.
Visit us if you or your department would like to:
- advance your knowledge of the scholarship of teaching and learning
- discuss academic excellence related to college priorities, conduct student surveys/focus groups to inform your curriculum, and work collaboratively with academic and support units across the college.
- develop or revise course or program learning outcomes
- develop a new course
- develop curricular assessments
Other TCDC activities include:
- coordinating faculty development opportunities from webinars to workshops
- working closely with EdTech, the Library and other departments to promote best practices in teaching and learning
- providing an inviting space for collaboration and communication among faculty
- encouraging experienced faculty and guest speakers to share effective practices, mentor and support new faculty
- providing resources (physical and virtual) to increase awareness of current, relevant research and practices in teaching and learning in higher education