TCDC has purchased CDs of recorded webinars from Magna Publications, Inc. for use of faculty. Titles include:
- Using Universal Design
- Writing Better Multiple Choice Questions
- Best Practices in Flipped Class Design
- Designing & Teaching a Course with a Critical Thinking Focus
These CDs can be borrowed from TCDC (C210). TCDC is not always open and often used for meetings and events, so contact us at email@example.com to arrange to borrow a CD.
These are NOT the 20-Minute Mentor videos from Magna, which are available to view online any time.
20 Minute Mentor Commons Videos
Langara has a subscription to Magna Publications’ Digital Library of 20 Minute Mentor Videos. The series offers more than seventy 20-minute video presentations related to teaching and administration in post-secondary institutions. Some recommended videos related to teaching in a way that benefits all students in an intercultural environment include:
- How Do I Discuss Academic Integrity During the First Class?
- How Can I Make My Course Content More Accessible?
- How Can I Make the Activities in My Course More Inclusive?
- How Can I make My Exams More Accessible?
- How Can Backward Design Make My Courses More Accessible?
To access the 20 Minute Mentor Commons digital library:
STEP 1: Contact Parisa Zitouni, Educational Developer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to copyright restrictions, the Authorization Code may not be posted on a public website.
STEP 2: Go to www.magnapubs.com/sitelicense/registration.html?v=langara0415. Enter information in each of the required fields, including Langara’s group Authorization Code, which is done only once. Click SUBMIT.
STEP 3: Access the 20 Minute Mentor Commons library at www.magnapubs.com/mentor-commons
Here are a few selected reports from Magna Publications.